Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hopping on the Bandwagon

As all of you know, there are now at least four versions of the gold leaf top coat out there. More are sure to come! I still think Zoya would have been wiser to release the white gold top coat, rather than the yellow, because nobody else is doing that one and they would stand out more. Unfortunately, Zoya does not consult me before releasing their new products.  *Nor do they send me any free stuff* =(

Anyways, I love the way the gold top coat looks and wanted to order it, but nobody in Japan is carrying it yet. My favorite go to site online that imports from the States didn't have either the Zoya or OPI version, but it did have one by Jessica. Am I the only one who didn't know Jessica was making one, too? The added bonus is that it's cheaper than the other big brands! Woo! And they sure don't stiff you on the amount of gold in the bottle! 

See?




I did a quick swatch of it over OPI's German-icure. Anyone else find these gold flake top coats to be extremely thick? The bottle is loaded with flakes of gold, but I have trouble getting them on the nail because the suspension base is so incredibly thick. If you try to put less polish on the nail, you get zero flakes and have to dab them on later, which makes the surface of your nail uneven. I can see it'll take me a while to get used to it.

Despite the rocky start, I think my nails look pretty spiffy and rich!




There's a nice mix of large, irregular flakes, and small bits. From what I've seen of swatches for Sephora by OPI's It's Real 18K gold top coat, that one is just very small particles. I like both looks. Layered together, they'd be stunning. Hmmm, I believe I'll have to ask my mom to pick me up a bottle at Sephora since they're on sale now!



For now, I'm pretty happy with what I've got! 



1 comment:

  1. These look gorgeous together! I love these gold top coats, but I would *really* love to have seen Zoya go with the white gold too. ♥

    ReplyDelete