Sunday, November 4, 2012

Way too late, but...

So I meant to put up a manicure I did for Halloween. It wasn't that great, because it was my first time doing freehand nail art with actual polish, instead of gels. Basically my reaction while painting was "OMG! Is it dry already?" Gels leave you so much more time to work on designs and fix any mistakes. I find it a much easier medium to work with. 

I haven't been posting here much lately due to my busy schedule, so I thought pretty or not, it should go up. About 5 minutes after I had that thought, I forgot about it. >.<;;  I just realized today that I hadn't done it yet.

Without further ado, and unfashionably late, I present my Halloween nail art for 2012:




My goal was to do a different design on ever finger. I succeeded, but I used some cheap old nail polishes from the drugstore for the red and white, which were a mistake. The red bled big time when I put on my top coat, and the white was streaky as hell. I got started on my little project before realizing I didn't own a good quality blood red. or a decent white that was opaque enough to do the job. I made do with what I had. Everything was done by hand with a brush and polishes. I started around 10 p.m. and finished around 2. 



As you can see, staying up until 2 working on my nails was not conducive to good designs. =P By the end I was so exhausted that my pinky just got glitter. LOL  I also meant to pain red lips around the teeth on my middle finger, which is why the upper teeth are so thick, but again, 2 a.m. I also fudged my spider web and just threw some glitter on top to camouflage it. He he

My two fave nails are actually my thumbs. I did a skull on one, and a cat face on the other.


I used an old, cheap white polish and a brush for this one. The brush wasn't fine enough and the bristles were too long, so this didn't turn out like I'd imagined.


Inception cat! I enjoyed this design a lot, and many people complimented me on it. I missed a few spots when I painted his face, but it wasn't as noticeable in real life.



No comments:

Post a Comment