Sunday, January 13, 2013

NOTD

Just a quick NOTD for you today! I'm still working on swatching my collection, and work is extremely busy, so I haven't had time to do much in the ways of photographs recently.

Today I have Butter London's Knackered layered with a england's Princess Tears. The reason I chose PT for layering is that both polishes have the same shade of purple in them. It really darkened Knackered, but in a very cool way. I can't wait to try it over a lighter blue next!


This was my first time to photograph Knackered, and now I understand what everyone else was complaining about! It's super tricky to get the duochrome and flashes of holo glitter in the same shot!


Here you can see a bit of green flash, the purple, and the chunky holo glitter.


After taking almost 70 pictures of Knackered, my conclusion is it's impossible to take shots that show it's beauty in real life without professional photography equipment and a lightbox, neither of which I own. =P 

Just take my word for it that it's a gorgeous shade that was made for layering. I think any negative reviews I've seen have always been that it's too sheer to wear alone. You COULD get it opaque with four or five coats, but why waste so much product? Have fun layering this over any shade from white to black. I recently saw a stunning swatch of this over a dark teal blue, so I'm going to try that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment