Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NOTD with Bonus!

Today is another NOTD (nails of the day) post! I decided to do a battle of the holos, and chose OPI DS Sapphire, which I hadn't swatched yet, v.s. Nubar Holographic Glitter . I love Holographic Glitter, because even indoors the scattered holo glitter is insane. Which one for the win?

I reviewed Holographic Glitter before as a possible dupe of China Glaze Fairy Dust here. As you can see, it gets quite opaque at 4 coats. Rather than waste tons of polish doing 4 coats, I layered two coats over 1 coat of Sapphire for my accent finger. Prepare for the bling!



It was my first time to swatch DS Sapphire, and I have to say the holo is a little underwhelming. Elegance is a better, stronger holo. It is pretty, though.


A close up of Sapphire. You can see the holo action, but it's nowhere near as obvious as other polishes from the DS Collection.



These photos don't show Holographic Glitter in all it's glory due to the lack of natural light. Let me put it more into perspective for you. Below are two shots of HG on a sunny day, driving my poor iphone camera bananas.




Yup. Nuff said, right? Holographic Glitter for the win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment