Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

Long time no post! I can't believe I'm two days short of a month from my last update. ^^;; All I can say is that life has been hectic lately. Between school, two jobs, and my shamisen classes (not to mention a million other hobbies) this blog has been neglected. I'll try to do better in the future!

Today I have a fun polish for you to see. I don't know why it hasn't gotten more love. For me this is a need to have polish. It's called Prize by Nubar. It's a pink-leaning cherry red jelly with tons of holographic glitter. The glitter is big and chunky, like Nubar's Holographic Glitter (another obsession polish of mine), which makes your camera, or eyes, go insane in the sun.

Enough with the talk. On to the bottle porn and nail shots!




In indirect sunlight, Prize is a light, cherry red polish. You need direct sunlight for the holographic glitter to be blinding, but here you can see the high concentration of it.


Still in indirect sunlight, but angled better to show the scattered holo effect. It's almost a linear polish, but it has to be at the right angle to form lines or rainbows.


I've started including label shots on my blog, as in Japan, most nail polishes are listed by their number rather than their name. Very irritating to have to look up, let me tell you!


Here's a shot I took at work. Sorry it's not a nice background. lol. I don't own a light box and the lately the sun only seems to shine when I'm at work and can't enjoy it. ;.; This is two thick coats of Prize. It's fairly opaque, but there's a tiny bit of vnl. 3 coats would be full coverage, I think.


Prize, due to it's chunky holo glitter, dries a bit gritty. It's a topcoat hungry polish if you use a regular one. I tried 2 coats of Orly bottom + top before I gave up on it. One coat of Seche Vite ended up doing the trick. I'm pretty sure essie's good to go would take care of it, too. 



Even indoors you can see the holo effect. That's one thing I love about the chunky holo glitter from Nubar. My DS polishes from OPI, for example, don't show holo indoors unless I stick my hand right under a light.


 Another indoor shot. I took this one in front of my apartment's mail boxes. lol. For some reason the light there really works well for showing holo glitter! Blurring the shot slightly was the only way to capture all the glitter goodness.


Another indoor shot. You can see the shade of red varies depending on the light. Indoors it's a darker cherry, outdoors or in natural light it looks more pinkish red.


As far as I know, Prize isn't hard to find and you can get it almost anywhere. I recommend you pick up a bottle of this jelly beauty because it'll become a mainstay of your collection! Application is easy and the results are beautiful! I'm going to rock this one at Christmas, too! Prepare to see it again if I have time to do some xmas nail art!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, this really does pick up the light beautifully, even indoors! And I just love the finish on it--it looks so juicy and fresh! And also sparkly. Yep, definitely going to put this one on my list. :)

    PS: I would *love* to learn to play the shamisen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally worth it! Just make sure you have a thick top coat, because it dries a bit gritty. All Nubar holographic glitters do, it seems.

      Shamisen is a challenging instrument, but I really enjoy it! You should give it a try! =)

      Delete