Monday, December 10, 2012

Giveaway and Holiday Nails

Wow, I'm really letting the blog go lately! I'm really tied up with my two jobs and trying to visit friends during the holiday season. Hopefully from next Monday I can get back on track and post the huge backlog of pictures I've been saving!

For today I have only two things to post.

First, the lovely Elizabeth is hosting a giveaway on her blog Did My Nails! It's open internationally, so apply while you still can! You can do that here.

Second is a manicure I've done for the holidays. No really good shots, I'm afraid, as time is in short supply and the weather hasn't been very good.



 Taken in a very rare moment of sunshine while running to work! The mani is a few days old by this point, so excuse the rough look around my cuticles. Seche Vite really shrinks my manis, so by day 2 or 3 it looks kind of bad. ^^;; I used Jessica Champagne Bubbles as my base colour, and then used China Glaze Glittering Garland and Nubar Prize as my other colours. The gold is a nail art polish by first kiss New York.




Here's my thumb with a yummy cake I picked up at Cozy Corner in Shinjuku. I might do this tree pattern again with thin striping tape. I used scotch tape this time and I cut it thicker than I wanted. I'd like to have super thin strips all through this design. I also think I'll throw some crystal or star glitter at the top of the tree next time, too.

That's it for now! I hope everyone is enjoying the season and getting ready for the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love how, even though they're all different, they compliment each other so well--and your crisp lines are amazing!

    Such a cute cupcake too! I was just in Shinjuku for the holidays (and Hakone, for the onsen ;p) and wanted to try getting touch with you before the trip but didn't see a way to contact you. Oh, well, maybe next trip!

    PS: Thank you for the mention and Happy New Year! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame we missed each other! I live only 9 minutes away from Shinjuku by subway! I'm near Roppongi. You can contact me at my gmail address jellykelley79@gmail.com next time you're planning a trip. ^^ I can show you around some good polish areas if you want Korean stuff. Regular polish costs a fortune here. Or, if you're interested in some older polishes from 2008 to now, I can often find them online. Unfortunately, I can't email them out of Japan, so either I'd have to bring them to you, or you'd have to come pick them up here. Japan has some lame mail laws. I would love the visit HK in the near future! It all depends on how my job contracts for this year go!

      Delete