Sunday, December 16, 2012

NOTD

Just a quick NOTD post today. I was looking for a base that looks like snow so I could paint snowflakes over it (or stamp, if I ever get that Konad plate I want). 

I wanted a soft, jelly like texture, so I used  Don't Touch My Tutu from the OPI NYC Ballet collection as the base. Over that I layered some of China Glaze's Snow Globe, and finished it off with a coat of my Korean polish by Peripera called Rose Nail. 

Rose Nail has a lot of the same iridescent glitters that Snow Globe has, but with this really nice pink shimmer added to it. It looks great layered over other colours, both light and dark. I really want a bottle of YSL's Premiere Neige #33 to add to this, but it's sold out everywhere and I've given up on owning it. =(



Unfortunately, Seche Vite hates jellies even more than cremes and shrunk the polish quite a bit after application. -.-;; 


You can see the major shrinkage best on my thumb here. Sigh. I really love the speed it dries, but Seche is really beginning to get on my nerves with the whole shrinkage thing. 

As an overall look, I like the softness of this mani, but I'll have to be patient and use a regular top coat next time to avoid shrinking.


4 comments:

  1. Have you tried drying drops? Alternately, you can brush your cuticle oil on your nail polish once it sets to help it dry more quickly. I really love how light and airy this mani looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A lot of my friends recommend the drying drops, but I haven't tried them yet. I guess I'm spoiled because Seche dries so fast. I have a bottle of Essie Good to Go I'm going to try and see if the shrinking is more manageable.

      Delete
  2. I love how soft and delicate this is! Lovely sparkle from the two glitters too. Can't promise anything, but from time to time I do see YSL polishes here in HK--if I spot Premiere Neige 33, I'll be sure to snag a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I tried everywhere in Tokyo and that YSL is long gone. =( My fault for waiting so long to buy it! The premium brands always sell out fast in Japan (I literally got the very last bottle of Chanel June online in Japan), but brands like OPI, Nubar, etc. aren't as popular and I can buy stock from 4 or 5 years ago.

      Delete