Long time no post!
I've had a lot going on at work, so blogging has had to take a backseat for a while. Luckily, my morning job was cancelled for tomorrow, so I have a few extra hours before bed tonight to post some random manis.
Not a lot of close ups today. I just went through my phone and pulled up a few shots I took on the go. I do however, have a nice holographic polish post in the works for later this week. Prepare to have your eyes dazzled!
First up is Chanel June. Words cannot express how much I love this color. The perfect orange creamsicle color. Perfect for spring/summer. I can keep calling it perfect all day, because it is. I'd wear it more often, but I'm cherishing the one bottle I managed to get. Hopefully I can find an exact dupe somewhere for the day when this runs out!
Kind of crappy picture, for which I'm sorry. I was trying to get a good shot of the different colors of flakies in this manicure. I used Zoya Maya as a base, which is really a coral, but looks red here. The flakies polish is Zoya Chloe. One of my all-time faves to layer.
Two photos of this mani to show the disappointment. I ordered OPI's Lights of the Emerald City because OMG white square glitter do I need another reason? Anyways, it came in the mail and I layered it over Zoya Portia (also new and another disappointment because it was so sheer). As for LotEC, the white square glitter was SO hard to get out of the bottle and it kept sinking to the bottom. I was rolling the bottle repeatedly, trying to get the white square glitter to unstick from the bottm, and even though I wasn't shaking it, I ended up with a lot of bubbles. I didn't see them because it was late and night and kinda dark in my apartment, but next day I saw this (look below at next photo).
I used a filter on Instagram so you can see the bubbles a bit more. The glitter also didn't want to stay in place on the nail and it clung to the brush. I had to dab every white square on myself. I gave up after 3 white squares per nail because it was such a pain in the ass to get them out of the bottle. Sigh. It's too bad, because in the bottle LotEC is super gorgeous. Not impressed, OPI! There are some big formula issues at work. I also heard When Monkeys Fly! is a huge failure, with all the glitter curling into little golden tacos.
Will be back with another post by the end of this week, I hope! Also, on my Japan blog, I have a large post on Ashikaga's Flower Park that I hope to have up tonight. Go to my profile page and you can access that blog.
Wow, that Zoya combination is so, so gorgeous--the flakies are amazing!
ReplyDeleteLights of Emerald City gave me a sad as well. Incredibly cute in the bottle, but it was a total pain to get it looking good on my nails. My glitter didn't sink; it just didn't wanna behave. But augh, those squares are just so adorable!