Here in Japan it's been up and down. We had a few really gorgeous sunny days in the mid-twenties, and then suddenly the temp dropped and we got rain. A lot of rain.
Normally I just grumble once about the rain and suck it up, but last weekend and this weekend are the peak cherry blossom viewing times, so bad weather is a huge disappointment. By the time the weather improves, the blossoms will be long gone. =(
I did manage to get one or two good shots on my way to and from work. Of course the sun shone when I couldn't enjoy it!
In nail news, I've stopped buying polish for a while so I can start to use up some of what I have. I might be leaving the country next year, so I want to lighten the load of polish I'll bring home with me. Expect more nail art, as I work on using multiple polishes at once.
Today I have one of the trend colors for 2013. According to Pantone, Grayed Jade is one of the colors for spring this year. A perfect match for their swatch is Bevin from Zoya. I decided to whip it out and do something with it. To jazz it up, I layered it with Ziv to give it that something extra.
I got more compliments on this manicure than I can remember getting in a lot time. Bevin is a perfect shade for the spring, and was opaque in 2 coats. Ziv was also opaque in 2 coats, and so shiny, people asked if I was wearing chrome nail stickers. The glitter also gave a really interesting textured look that was still surprisingly smooth. Love it!
Here's a picture in stronger light. See what I mean about Ziv? Why didn't I wear it earlier! It's going to be one of my fave polishes for accents this year! So shiny and smooth! Removal wasn't too bad, either, but took a bit longer than a creme because of the glitter.
I did a quick mani for Easter (nothing special, no bunnies), so I'll try and post that before Monday. I'll be spending Easter relaxing at home with Mochi and a box full of peanut butter eggs my mom sent me. I miss them every spring!
Ziv is one of my favourites ever! It's such a gorgeous gold. Nice and bright but not too brassy. And it looks so amazing with turquoises and teals!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear it was rainy for hanami, but you got some beautiful pictures!
Omigosh, I would punch somebody for a peanut butter egg. >_<