Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Black and White Glitter Goodness

Geez. Nearly a month since my last post? And here I thought I was going to do better! At least my instagram is fairly regular. =P

Today I just have a few quick shots of the mani I was sporting this past weekend. It was my coworker's going away party and I wanted something punchy and fun. I also discovered a white and black glitter top coat at Skinfood that is a dupe (as far as I can see) of that famous indy polish Sticks n' Stones. It was only 500 yen (about $5), which is super cheap for nail polish in this country. I snapped it up, even though I'm kind of on a no buy right now.

For my base, I used 2 coats of Essie Butler Please. I then used one coat of Skinfood Nail Vita Alpha AGL04 (if it has a real name, I have no idea what it is) and then topped it off with one coat of Essie Good to Go. I apologize for the crummy paint job and photos. Lately everything I do from painting my nails to photos is last minute. I'm taking August off work, so I'll have more time to paint my nails in a nice way in the near future.



 I resisted getting a royal blue nail polish for ages, even though I like it on other people. So glad I finally caved, because it's such a striking color! I love it on my toes, too. Right now I have a hot orange from Sephora by OPI (Calypso Coral? Caliente Coral? Something like that. I'm too lazy to check right now), but this blue is a new favorite! Bad photo, I realize, but I'm super excited to have tracked down this watch from Kate Spade! I've been after it for a while!


The top coat from Skinfood has black and white hex glitter, black and white bar glitter, black and white square glitter, and small, round silver glitter. I don't own Sticks n' Stones, but it looks fairly close. Good enough for me, anyways. I didn't have to pay for shipping to Japan! It was also fairly easy to put on and the glitter pay off is good. This is only 1 coat. I did end up moving the glitter around a bit to spread it out better, but most of it naturally stuck where I wanted it.


I got so many compliments on this combination that I'm going to wear it several more times this summer. I might try it as a pedicure, too. I hate having to take glitter off my toes, but for this duo I might make an exception. I'm wondering how this top coat will look over my Essie First Timer? I think the lighter green base would help the black glitter pop more.

If you have a Skinfood near you, or you can order it off Ebay, I recommend this top coat! I'll have to buy another bottle in case this is a limited time product!


2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Definitely close enough to SnS, and I bet it'd be adorable over a lighter green too. I had no idea Skinfood had done a glitter topper--looks like I'm off to my local! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's quite new. I didn't see it last time I was in. It's well worth the buy!

      Delete