Saturday, June 15, 2013

Duochrome Beauty and some Controversy

Hello! Today I have yet another Hits polish for you to see. I really went nuts when I ordered them. hehe. 

This one is part of the Mari Moon collection. It's called Artsy. It's a navy blue polish with red/purple duochrome flashes. It looks rather dark in the bottle, but if you layer it over bright purple or blue, it totally changes the way it looks!

For this look, I layered one coat of Artsy over two coats of Essie Butler Please. Yes, I'm obsessed with that blue! It's a great base for tons of other manicures. I still can't believe I waited so long to get a royal blue. Serious face palming going on here.


I took a bunch of shots from different angles so you can see the gorgeous duochrome flashes. Layering Artsy over a bright blue made the duochrome turn kind of purple, even though it's red in the bottle. I loved the effect!


A different angle. You can see a kind of pearly turquoise look from the natural light. Awesome, non?


Both at once.


This one isn't as showy as Cutie Pie in the bottle, but BOY does it deliver on the nail!


More gratuitous shots.


And in a moment of self-promotion, this manicure was featured on preen.me (photo below)! I love getting a notification saying that! =D Please feel free to go on over and vote for me!

Just be warned, when they decided to feature my manicure, for some reason they deleted my instructions and changed the nail polishes you need. If you look in the products list, it says Want My Bawdy from China Glaze's Bohemian Collection was used. Not so. I wrote Hits Mari Moon Artsy, but I guess they couldn't find the product available in stores, so they deleted it. =( I hate the thought of people being misled. Want My Bawdy doesn't have a reddish/purple duochrome, so you couldn't reproduce this look with it. Not cool, preen.me!


No comments:

Post a Comment