Monday, April 30, 2012

a-england Galahad

When I fell in love with Ascalon and decided to order it, I figured I might as well order another one, since they were on sale. I chose Galahad because I was looking for a bright teal colour for pedis. Galahad was exactly the shade I wanted and being a-england, I knew it would go on like a dream.

Galahad did not disappoint.

I usually don't wear shades like this on my hands, but I wanted to test Galahad out and actually ended up LOVING this as a mani! Creamy, super opaque, it glided on with one coat. I could have left it at one, but I put on two coats just to be sure it was perfect. I'm not a super steady hand at painting my nails and I wanted to make sure it was even.

Here it is with one coat in natural light.


Beautiful shade, isn't it? So rich! I also wanted to see what it'd be like with my Zoya Maisie polish, so I threw one layer of that on top.




Sorry this isn't in the sun. Japan has had crap weather lately and the sun rarely makes an appearance at my convenience. This was taken outdoors in natural light.

I then thought, why not matte? I love to use Matte About You one or two days before I remove a mani. So when this Galahad-Maisie mani was getting old, out came the matte!

Now, as if that wasn't enough, I decided to put Galahad back on and try for a sponge mani. This, er, didn't work out so great. I think I need a different kind of sponge or a much lighter hand, because it didn't blend so well. It was a neat effect, though, and I got a lot of comments on it. I used Essie Mint Candy Apple for the lighter colour.

My middle finger turned out the best, I think. I'll have to try this another time. I might try sponging Galahad over Mint Candy Apple instead of the other way around. Oh, and I highly recommend taping up your cuticles like a marble mani before doing this. Saved me a lot of clean up!

So, no need to say it again, really, but a-england rules. Go order from their site! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment