Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Indie Weekend Report (2)

Sorry for the delay, folks! I'm finally ready to bring you part 2 of my foray into the world of indie polish!

Today's post is on Amy's Nail Boutique. Amy sells her polish on her Etsy store. Click here to visit!

When I first started checking out polishes on Etsy, her store was one of the first to catch my eye. I loved all the matte glitter polishes she's come up with! For my first time, I decided to get four polishes: Pink Lemonade, One Sweet World, Roxy and Cotton Candy.

Up first is Cotton Candy.






Cotton Candy is made of blue and pink matte glitter in a clear base. I have two coats shown here over OPI's Yokohama Twilight. I like the effect, but I'm not a fan of the colour combination with the undie polish. You can't really see the pink because YT is so shiny. I'll try it over another colour sometime.

Want a macro shot? 


Funky, huh?

Next up is Roxy. Roxy has pink and purple matte glitter in a clear base. This one has slightly larger glitter than the other matte glitter polishes I bought from Amy. I put Roxy on my ring finger as an accent over OPI's Cherry Blossom.


Here's another shot.


I forgot to keep count, but to get this much coverage I had to put on around 4 coats. it still wasn't perfect and my nail was quite thick.

For the next two polishes, I layered them over jellies. I thought the colours complimented each other well! Pink Lemonade is made up of pink and yellow matte glitter in a clear base. I layered it over Skin food's Grapefruit Drink jelly polish. One Sweet World is made of neon yellow, blue and pink matte glitter in a clear base. I layered it over a no name green jelly I was given as a gift with an order from a Korean seller on Ebay.



Please ignore the odd blue glitter on my skin. I swatched Sneeze Breeze right before this and it was a bit messy to clean up. >.<




I think the colour combinations worked out rather well on this pairing! I'll definitely layer Pink Lemonade over Grapefruit drink again! One Sweet World looks good over the green jelly, but I'd like to try it over a few other colours, too.

I found the swatches in Amy's store don't come with an explanation of how many coats they are, so I didn't realize the amount of glitter v.s. the suspension base. I thought I could reproduce an opaque manicure in the way of Floam or Sneeze Breeze, but it's not possible with Amy's polishes unless you put on 4 coats or more. =(  They do make an interesting top coat, though, so they are still worth the buy! They have the added bonus of drying super fast. I like that!

Right now (at the time of posting) Amy is out of stock for these polishes while she waits for supplies. Once she gets them, they should be up fairly quickly. She takes custom orders, so you can order now and when the supplies come in, she'll whip up your order and ship it to you. She also has a ton of other lovely polishes. I'm already planning my next order! She's super nice, so you can contact her through her Etsy store with any questions you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment