Sunday, August 19, 2012

GITA Sister?

A while back I did a few posts on some Tony Moly polishes. All three were a milky jelly base with different sizes of glitter. One was a very close dupe of Deborah Lippman's GITA, and the other two were something new. I've got two more to show you, with more on the way!

Today I'll be showing you innisfree #85. It's a very pale pink jelly with dark pewter gray and light pink hex glitter. It also has micro glitter in the same colours. I think the combination of very light and dark hex glitter is unusual and interesting.


I like this polish, but I actually wish the glitter wasn't so dense. I like a more random, floaty effect, which was hard to achieve with the sheer amount of hex glitter in the bottle. 



It is pretty, though. It's very sheer, so I used my fave layering polish of all time, Iseult from a-england, as my base. I need to buy another couple of bottles (and finally get St. George and Tristam)!


It goes on very easily and dries quickly. Korea sure knows what it's doing with nail polish! I've yet to order one I don't like! Ignore the bad edges of my manicure, please. I used Seche Vite and it ended up shrinking the top layer of my nail polish.


These polishes are relatively cheap. I order them online and only pay about $3.00 a bottle (give or take). Korean cosmetics are not only good quality, they're easy on the wallet!

Korea is really putting out some fantastic polishes lately and deserves more love from nail bloggers. I know we can't all pop over to Korea for the weekend to go shopping (even though I can, I never have), but the wonders of internet shopping make it possible for us to enjoy them wherever we are.

I use an online shopping site called Korean Department, but I believe they only ship to Japan. Your second choice is Ebay. While a lot of the online sellers charge more than I paid through Korean Department, you can still get the polishes cheaper than most major brands charge. I highly recommend rubyruby76 on Ebay, whom I've used before. I can't remember if she carries innisfree, but she does have all the SkinFood fruit jellies. I recently ordered the last few I wanted from that line and will do a post on the collection as soon as it comes in. =)

Edit:
The pink hex glitter in this polish curls a bit. It's not enough to ruin your manicure, in fact I like the effect, but I just wanted to let everyone know. You might want to put an extra layer of top coat on this one!







No comments:

Post a Comment