Monday, August 13, 2012

NOTD and a nomination

Two things to talk about today. First up, my NOTD. It was my first time to try a fishtail mani. I left it way too late to start (around 11 p.m.) and by about half way through I just rushed through the end because I had work early the next day. =P I also didn't have time to do it on every nail, so just one nail from each hand got it as an accent.




In hind sight, I'd redo the mani to make the stripes of the fishtail contrast a bit more. All my metallics ended up together, which didn't have much visual impact. I'd also separate the two blue nails with the holographic glitter and the bronze. Ah well. Rushed manis never result in perfect looks.


In other news, I recently received a nomination for Versatile Blogger. I'm so happy! I haven't been doing this very long, so it was nice to hear someone say they liked my blog. I was really surprised (in a good way).

 In return, I get to nominate 15 other bloggers who I think deserve the same props. I didn't know that many bloggers who aren't established, so it was a nice chance to search around for new people! I'm so glad I did, because the amount of new talented bloggers is amazing. I've added a whole new list of people to follow!





The rules are:

  1. Nominate 15 bloggers who are "relatively" new to blogging.
  2. Let them know that you have nominated them.
  3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
  4. Thank the bloggers that have nominated you.
  5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
I would like to extend this award to:  Lissa's Polish Addiction   Nail Gun XS   XO, Noelle   Nails and Noms Caroline's Nails   Just about Nails it   Nail Call   aviDliaN   College Polished    Starlight Radiance    Lena Loves Nails   Polished n Posted   Nail Narcotics!   LuckyLoveNails    Possession Obsession

7 random facts about me:


1) I hate raw tomatoes, but love them cooked. I'm crazy about tomato sauce in pastas. The same is true of bananas. The smell of raw banana makes me sick, but I love cooked banana in muffins or breads.


2) I play the shamisen (traditional Japanese instrument). For those who don't know what a shamisen is, you can see it being played here. I play the nagauta shamisen, which is used in Kabuki. I don't play the rock n' roll version called Tsugaru, which was made famous by the Yoshida Brothers. I do think they're super cool, though.


3) When I was younger, I wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic. I got as far as graduation from a journalism program in College before I decided it wasn't the career for me. 


4) I hate shirts with tight collars. Anything around my neck (like a turtleneck sweater) drives me crazy and makes me panic a little. Was I hung in a past life? Loose scarves are usually okay, though.


5) I love cats. LOVE them. I have my own, Mochi, who is a 3 year old Scottish fold, but that doesn't mean it's enough. I love to read Lolcats and getting pictures on my facebook from friends that are cat related.


6) I speak four languages. English, of course, French, Spanish and Japanese. I understand some German and Italian, but I don't speak them fluently enough to add them to the list. 


7) Besides my nail polish addiction, I love bags. I spend far too much money on them. I'm currently coveting the Celine luggage tote in black and dark green suede.



Thanks again to Elizabeth at Did My Nails for the nomination. I really appreciate it! 


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I really like your blog and thought you deserved the props!

      Delete
  2. Thank You for the nomination! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nomination!

    FYI....So pleased you posted a comment at Nails and Nom. It gave me a chance to check out your site.

    Love the fishtail mani!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa!

      I love Nails and Noms! Keep up the awesome job!

      Kelley

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot for the nomination!!! Your blog is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete