Saturday, March 23, 2013

Glitter Goodness

Today I have another two Hits polishes to show you! They're from the Glitter's World collection, which hasn't gotten much love from English nail bloggers. I know the holos were really popular a while back, but not many people with an English blog seem to have this collection up (that I could find on Google, anyways).

Today's polishes are called Pequim, which is Portuguese for Beijing (or Peking), and Cairo. Pequim a red, sheer jelly with medium and large white hex glitter. I gotta say, I'm totally in love with this as a topper! Cairo is an opaque white crelly with blue, red, and yellow medium hex glitter and very small round glitter in the same colors.

I originally tried Pequim over a light orange, hoping the color combo would look like a vibrant coral, but the jelly in Pequim isn't pigmented enough to cause a big color change. I scrapped that manicure and tried it over Zoya's Maya. MUCH better! I then did an accent nail with Cairo on my ring finger over Mavala White and topped with OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, cuz I was too excited to wait to use it. XD


Here they are in direct sunlight. I love how the jelly from Pequim is just pigmented enough to make some of the white hex glitter look pink. Lovely, isn't it? Some people have postulated that some of the glitters in Pequim are already pink or that some red glitter bled into the base, but I don't agree. I'm about 99% sure they are all white and it's just the jelly making them pink.


 Here's a shot I posted on instagram earlier this week. I used a filter to really show the contrast in the glitter and the base color. Fantastic, non? Cairo also looks better this way. You can see the ton of micro glitter better.

Here's another shot in the sun. Excuse the bubble in my middle finger. I was in a hurry to slap on the polish and didn't notice until it was done.


Here's a close up I did for instagram. I do have one coat of top coat, but Pequim creates such a high gloss that I could have gone without. Sigh. I'm going to have to order a few spares of this polish!

You can order Hits from different places. I got mine from a shop on Rakuten called Sanna's.

Products Used:

Orly Calcium Shield
Essie First Base
Zoya Maya
Hits Glitter's World Pequim
Mavala White
Hits Glitter's World Cairo
Essie Good to Go




No comments:

Post a Comment